In Oklahoma City, it’s not often that you think twice before getting into a taxi and that’s because you trust that they’ll get you from point A to point B. These days, there are multiple ridesharing apps like Uber that offer the same kind of services as a taxi. Unfortunately, accidents can happen even while in a rideshare vehicle and the end result can leave you with serious injuries and damages. If you find yourself in one of these unfortunate accidents, contact an Oklahoma City car accident lawyer today.
After the Accident
No two taxi drivers are the same, just like how no two accidents are exactly the same. If you find yourself in a taxi accident in OKC, here are some useful steps to take to ensure that you will receive proper compensation for the expenses and damages that may occur as a result of a car accident:
- Call 911 to ensure that you and any other person involved in the accident receive the medical attention they deserve
- Do your best to take as many photos documenting the scene and the damages that have taken place as a result of the accident. Document injuries as well.
- Take down the license plate and contact information for all vehicles involved
- Collect information from witnesses if applicable
- Contact your own insurance company or the emergency hotline of the ridesharing app.
- Remain calm and put try not to place blame on anyone, you need to avoid escalating the situation
- Write down every detail possible, this will help build the strength of your claim
- If you receive injuries, contact an Oklahoma personal injury lawyer to walk you through the insurance process and to help you receive the best outcome for the given situation.
If you or a loved one was involved in an accident in a taxi or ridesharing app, contact an Oklahoma City car accident lawyer today. As an Oklahoma City law firm, we believe it is our duty to ensure that it’ residents are properly informed so that the process runs as smoothly as possible.
Contact an Oklahoma City Car Accident Lawyer
Taxis and ridesharing apps are convenient ways to transport yourself around OKC, and chances are you have never stopped to consider the possible consequences if one of those rides resulted in some kind of accident. What happens after that may be more daunting that you can realize. That’s why it’s important to contact a personal injury lawyer if you’re ever put into that position. We will walk you through the process and ensure that you receive all the compensation that you are rightfully entitled to if you are injured or left seriously ill due to negligent driving.
Here at McGuire Law Firm, we have been servicing Oklahoma City for years. We have the knowledge, resources, and experience that will help you receive the best legal representation through this complicated process. Taxis and ridesharing claims are unlike any other injury claims that you will make, which is why you should have an experienced Oklahoma City personal injury lawyer on your side to help you prepare for your case.
We can help you every step of the way at the McGuire Law Firm, where your case and recovery means everything to us. Contact us today for more information at 888-352-0624.